« Home | Grace, and Fathers Day pt 1 grace comes to me qui... » | They Revoked My Poetic License If my prose is sho... » | Ocean if it wasn't for the ocean we wouldn't hav... » | Insecure? i've written half a dozen things today,... » | Vocabulary obstreperous \Ob*strep"er*ous\, a. ... » | Evangelism someone told me that i was a terrible ... » | i smoke what i swear will be my last cigarette on ... » | The reason he rode his bicycle back and forth in f... » | Technology Wants Your Body As innovaton in comput... » | 7 Short Fiction Pieces If any of these strike you... » 

6/24/2003

he must brush his teeth with gunpowder I'm embarrassed to admit how much I've learned from comic books. A few specific examples spring to mind, which I won't share here, but perhaps in person if you ask nicely. Sometimes someone will try and teach me something, and I won't get it. But the next morning I wake up with an image in my head and I call the person back and say "oh, so it's like the Batman, with his utility belt, and costume" and they say "right." And it's not that I don't read other things, or that I'm incapable of understanding anything that isn't illustrated and melodramatic, or that I'm superficial. At least, I hope that's not why, but who could say?

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...