« Home | So within a week of adding comment capability to m... » | I'm not one of those Photoshop using, image-tweaki... » | desk someone im'd me and asked what my office loo... » | sometimes i just like the words today i described... » | Page Me How long do you wait for someone to retur... » | Fun with phone-cam I added a comment section to t... » | yeah...blogging...it seems so...familiar...and yet... » | Check out this interesting article about Mel Gibso... » | Bono and Daniel Lanois - Falling at Your Feet Eve... » | i have cleaned my office, to prepare for a new pro... » 

1/13/2004

Winged Victory of Samothrace My friend Biju had this link in his IM away message today. It's a Wikipedia entry on a statue called the Winged Victory of Samothrace, which he was fortunate to view last week in the Louvre. Here is what he had to say about it: I was slightly mesmerized after seeing it. For a number of reasons I guess: it predates Christ and it has realistic details-the statue appears as if sea-like winds are actually whipping against it. And yet there it stands; upright, staunchly opposing the wind and what may come from the sea. As if saying that it will stand up against the world, and will rise to the coming ships … fear for this statue is not an option. Oh to have such faith!

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...