« Home | I usually leave the posting of baby pictures to my... » | Confession Ok, I'll admit it. I'm concerned about ... » | Chuck Spanner, Interior Decorator three There was ... » | I'm listening to A Prairie Home Companion from a f... » | Chuck Spanner, Interior Decorator two I was drivi... » | Someone sent us one of these recently, and I thoug... » | Home Depot Continued It occurs to me that if I did... » | I've noticed a condition that I experienced last y... » | Chuck Spanner, Interior Decorator One I was at my... » | Home Depot Update You'll be relieved to know that ... » 

10/06/2005

News from the worlds of Sports and Linguistics The sports radio guys are constantly breaking new ground for the English language. This week? Using a baseball metaphor to talk about actual baseball. Keep in mind that the discussion was of an American League game where the pitchers do not bat. "If they're going to win this game [the pitcher] is going to need to step up to the plate"

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...