« Home | James notes: hey, one good turn deserves another; ... » | Alias Update The best way to describe my relations... » | While I haven't been blogging much lately, I am ge... » | Template? Yes, I realized that I just changed the ... » | News from the worlds of Sports and Linguistics The... » | I usually leave the posting of baby pictures to my... » | Confession Ok, I'll admit it. I'm concerned about ... » | Chuck Spanner, Interior Decorator three There was ... » | I'm listening to A Prairie Home Companion from a f... » | Chuck Spanner, Interior Decorator two I was drivi... » 

10/11/2005

saintlukas: in a section on intubation and airway, after "intubated by", what would "Cric By" refer to? saintlukas: criticizing the intubtation? saintlukas: lost points on the dismount, 8.4 TimmyBoom: Crichothyrotomy. If the airway is blocked, making an incision in the chricothyroid membrane and introducing the tube into the trachea through that hole. saintlukas: lovely saintlukas: glad i asked TimmyBoom: Hah. TimmyBoom: We learned it using a pig trachea covered with chicken skin stapled to a plank of wood. Good times. saintlukas: oh my goodness TimmyBoom: Yeah. It's as awesome as it sounds. saintlukas: so are you good at it? TimmyBoom: One can only speculate, as our medical director thinks it's too invasive a procedure for us to handle and so doesn't allow it. saintlukas: oh shucks

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...