« Home | instant messaging as performance art had the foll... » | dependent? well i'll be able to show up at the of... » | Wow. It appears that pigeons navigate so accuratel... » | graffiti Monday when I returned to work I found s... » | By contrast, a website entirely devoted to the qua... » | An article discussing the hype and claims of the m... » | pirates, the sequel I picked up a new CD while in... » | shameless if anyone came across a windfall recent... » | amused by small things i was gone the back half o... » | business thanks to Mark Tindall for designing my ... » 

2/18/2004

screwed found a phillips machine screw, probably close to a centimeter in length, embedded in my shoe. it doesnt have a pointy end, so i'm wondering how i could have stepped on something like that with such evenly distributed force as to embed it that firmly into the rubber sole of my shoe. i actually had to unscrew it to get it out, because it wouldnt pull straight out. this leads me to consider the possibility that someone actually installed the screw into the sole at some point. now that i've unscrewed it i'm afraid my shoe is going to fall apart. you can see what it looks like below, next to a pen cap for scale.

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...