« Home | The Countdown to Parenthood Continues The debate r... » | The Perilous Journey: In Which The Family Discusse... » | More Pics I took these pics from our suite window ... » | "Thank you for not dying in our deli." By the way,... » | The Journey Home Now I am eating eggs, over-hard, ... » | By the way...just got in from NYC. It was a longis... » | Pretty much what I've been telling people for year... » | Chapter 3, The Quest for Food It was 7:30, and I w... » | Because you looked worried Because you looked worr... » | Drama in the Big Apple We arrived at DoubleTree Su... » 

6/30/2005

The labor class people have suggested that we bring a boombox with some music to relax, distract, or otherwise assist the wife during the labor process. I've suggested some songs before, but here's my new Birthing Mega-Mix. Driving to the Hospital: A Little Less Conversation - Elvis Presley (remixed) Early Labor: I Get Knocked Down - Chumbawumba Intense Labor: 1812 Overture - Tchaikovsky (with real cannons) Baby Presentation: We Are the Champions - Queen I'm sure I'll need a couple more songs for the labor stages, but this is a good start, I think. Also, more strange things to say to the doctor when the baby is handed to us (a continuation of this and this: 1. No thanks. 2. Delicious! 3. Woah, she knows kung-fu! 4. So thats what all the noise was about, huh?

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...