« Home | melodica Compliments of a gift certificate from m... » | Something serious: You probably have $20 to give. ... » | TimmyBoom: How're the new peripherals working out?... » | No Joy in Nerdville Well, its been a bad day in t... » | Now Hiring warning, the following entry make have... » | TimmyBoom: I shall undertake this mission forthwit... » | Alias starts up again tonight! Its about time. I h... » | Oh yeah Did I forget to mention this? » | Crimes Against the English Language I saw this wh... » | Whats in your cupboard? This is what's in mine. I... » 

1/25/2005

Dont Leave Home Without It So on the train today, which was about one hour late, I had a great little line for a tune in my head. I have been carrying a pocket size Moleskine notebook with staff lines for moments such as this, but today I seem to have left it in the car or the house somewhere. For about two hours, as I trained, and then began work, I've been carrying it in my head, fleshing out the minor key harmonies and the arragement for violin, accordion, and guitar or mandolin. Approximately 10 minutes ago, right before I finally had time to sit at my computer and print out a sheet of staff paper to jot it down on, I realized that I have forgotten it. Entirely. Argh. I recall that its in 6/4 time, slow, minor, irish sounding, and I remember the chord changes, the way the second instrument echoes the first, but the melodody is entirely gone from me. Thats what I get for forgetting my notebook I guess.

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...